School Quality Assessment & Accreditation (SQAA)
A School Quality Assessment & Accreditation (SQAA) workshop was conducted in Birla Balika Vidyapeeth for teachers of five BET schools organized under the guidance of Maj. Gen. S. S. Nair, AVSM, Director, Birla Education Trust, Pilani. Mrs. Rachna Swarup, Project Manager, School Learning Solutions from NIIT Gurgaon and Mr. Biju K., her teacher Associate conducted the three days workshop from 19th to 21st October 2013. The Workshop focused on following components:
- Quality Management system
- Quality in Education
- The four pillars of Education, Implementation Process for Quality Education
- Process Approach, Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Developing Process Maps
- Features and Domains of Accreditation
- Process of Accreditation
- School visit by Peer Assessor Team
There was a detailed discussion and exchange of views between faculties and the trainers on the following seven domains of SQAA:
- Scholastic process & outcomes.
- Co-scholastic process & outcomes.
- Infrastructure – Adequate functionality and Aesthetics
- Human Resources
- Management & Administration
- Beneficiary satisfaction
The entire program was meticulous, well planned and conducted in an organized manner with thorough professionalism. There is an effective knowledge transfer and the workshop is meaningful and met the purpose of knows and how and the basics of Quality Attributes of the school education system. The workshop shall be useful to the teachers in improving and sustaining Quality Education in a long way.